Friday, March 14, 2008

Victory, sort of...

Today, after a week of texting, I was able to meet with Dan for the grand tour of his room. He usually likes coming here to hang out and talk, but today we were at this house. Funny thing is, he chose a time when we would be alone, no one else was home. I do believe he wants this project to be "his" thing, without any comments or input from his family.
We discussed Ali, my absentee informant. Apparently, they're having some "issues"- he talked to a girl she doesn't like, and didn't tell her. So, Ali is with holding communication with me , to get back at Dan. Can we say high school all over ? LOL So, I am a pawn in an adolescent squabble. I will keep you updated as to how this progresses!
But anyway, my Material Culture (HIS portion) sounds pretty good... just waiting for Ali. Any advice on how long I should wait? Or should I attempt to find a new informant? Any help would be appreciated! LOL

1 comment:

Professor Rubenstein said...

put the pressure on him. Is it a case of losing him completely? You probably can get away with one material culture now, and one later, if he comes back.

Being i the squabble is good for your methods comments though--