Friday, March 21, 2008

Ali's Room ?!?

Today I was finally able to see Ali's space. The interaction was not as enthusiastic as Dan's descriptions, but I feel that she shared more with me today than she has before.
Prevoiusly, we had me at my house or anywhere but hers. Now I understand why. It is not truly "her space", she doesn't have her "own" space. Her bedroom (which she gave me the highlights of) is nothing like her personality or descriptions of her interests. I found myself feeling for her, remebering what it was like to walk in those shoes. It took all my self-control not to give her advice, I took in what she had to say and sympathized with her.
But, I did get some cool photos of both informants' bedrooms, and some interesting stories, too! Plus, I have been invited to a party- I guess I have been promoted to the "in crowd!"

No comments: