Saturday, March 29, 2008

Family concerns...

This week I spent some time with Dan, at a family gathering. Now, whenever I see him, he comes directly over and starts talking. I guess he feels comfortable with me, knowing I am nonjudgemental. He had a lot to tell me, about the music he likes and the concerts he'd like to see. He talked a little about Ali, and told me not to "count on her help", apparently they are not as close as they once were. I enjoyed my time talking to Dan.

After Dan left the party, other family members were discussing him. Apparently, they are concerned that he is partying too much. From my time with him, and what he has shared, he drinks and smokes too much for his age (what teenager doesn't?), but not to the point of real concern. But the stories I am hearing from the others is actually concerning me. I am not sure if this very conservative family is overreacting or if Dan is keeping information from me...

Once home, I emailed Ali to ask her about getting together. She hasn't answered, that was Tuesday. Apparently, anthropology (not to mention my grade) doesn't mean too much to her! I am concerned about the final paper, if we don't meet some more, I may not have enough to write, and it is too late to find another informant!

No comments: